All rights reserved
Na Pankráci 125
140 21 Praha 4
phone: +420 236 072 111
The Work Attendance module is a tool for planning and recording employees’ work time, overtime work, business trips, standby duty, vacations, breaks and impediments to work. It records employees’ arrivals and departures in selected detail according to the valid legal regulations and subsequently allows their evaluation, checking and approval. Work Attendance creates and submits data for payroll processing. Work attendance terminals and chip identification cards are used for recording work time.
- Easy recording of employees’ work time using work attendance terminals or web-based self-service.
- Uniform, non-uniform, fixed and flexible distribution of working hours.
- Possibility of electronic proposal and approval of overtime work.
- Structured overview of hours worked and not worked in individual shifts and cumulative data for a selected period.
- Manual input and editing of work attendance data according to granted authorisations via web-based self-service.
- Manager’s overview of working hours of subordinates, notification of errors in records.
- Electronic finalisation and approval of work attendance.
- Monitoring of individuals’ presence at the work site, including recording reasons for departures.
Work attendance recording
Work attendance is recorded and processed in the following sequence of operations:
- The employee records work attendance
- Work attendance is evaluated automatically, potential errors are pointed out and corrected
- The employee’s superior finalises the work attendance
- The manager approves the finalised work attendance and submits the data for wage calculation
Approval processes (workflow) are effected for single-level approval of work attendance plans and employee absences (for example, in case of a vacation request) and for two-level approval of work attendance for a calendar month.
Work attendance terminals
Work attendance terminals are used to collect employees’ work attendance data at select places. The terminals are specialised PCs with a touch screen and identification cards reader, conforming to high demands on customisation and functionality, including to save work attendance records on the terminal’s memory in case of connection outage between the terminal and server. The terminal can be used to quickly determine the number and names of the employees currently present. Upon identification using a smart card, an employee can use the terminal to check his or her own work attendance data and shift calendar.
The basic method for maintaining reliable work attendance records is the use of employee identification smart cards in combination with work attendance terminals. These cards can be personalised and issued in the Smart Cards Management module and can also be used to great advantage within the Catering module.
Work attendance self-service
Work attendance self-service enables examination, input and correction of work attendance data via a web interface.
Employees who are often on business trips may use the services of the mobile client for smartphones (iPhone/iOS, Android) to obtain their work attendance data and to check the work attendance of their subordinates.
Planning work absences
This is an optional module expanding work attendance functions with work attendance and employee absences planning, electronic vacation requests and plan approval by the management. In the Work Attendance Planning module, employees plan their vacations (and other types of absences) and subsequently request approval through the system. The responsible superior is informed of the request via an email message with a link for processing the request. Once the superior approves the vacation (without change/with change), it is automatically included into the employee’s work attendance record. The respective employee will receive a notice of approval, change or rejection via email. With OKbase, it is also possible to set up transfer of approved vacations into an MS Outlook calendar.